It is a beautiful spring day here in counties Wicklow and Dublin. I just got back to the house from my last day of student teaching at St. Brigid's. It was a half day because it is the start of Easter holiday and everyone was in really good spirits. We did the Easter egg hunt with the junior infants and they absolutely loved it! I taught the girls a cute little bunny song and they ate lots of treats. The final event of the day was a prayer service in the hall. The 5th class did a presentation on the Easter story. Each girl stood up and shared about a picture she drew and told a piece of the story.
To celebrate my last day in school I brought in some cakes for the other teachers, which we ate during tea time. The principal and teachers gave me a beautiful Celtic necklace to remember them by. A few of the fifth class girls gave me a St. Brigid's cross they made. I will definitely be keeping in touch with the school.
This evening I am off to meet my friend Lauren in Dublin. I can't wait for next week's adventures to London and Scotland!
To celebrate my last day in school I brought in some cakes for the other teachers, which we ate during tea time. The principal and teachers gave me a beautiful Celtic necklace to remember them by. A few of the fifth class girls gave me a St. Brigid's cross they made. I will definitely be keeping in touch with the school.
This evening I am off to meet my friend Lauren in Dublin. I can't wait for next week's adventures to London and Scotland!


2 comments:
What a wonderful last day at the school! You must have been both happy and sad at the same time. I hope all goes well with meeting up with Lauren and starting your next adventure! One more week - Love Mom
That went by fast! I hope you had a great time teaching there, sounds like a wonderful experience! Have fun with Lima Bean and remember to agree on those silly adventures :)
Post a Comment