Friday evening I took a four hour bus ride over to Galway. I got in around 10:00 and was pretty tired so I went to bed early.The first photo is of John F. Kennedy Park in Eyre Square, a pretty popular spot in Galway.
On Saturday I got up before 7:00 and walked around the streets of Galway before the town was awake. It was really peaceful. I found the Aran Island ticket office and shortly after 9:00 boarded a bus for the ferry terminal. It was a beautiful day for the 45 minute boat ride over to the 9 x 2 mile island of Inishmore.
When I got to the island I boarded a tour van with the greatest tour guide. He was born on
I got back to Galway around 6:30 and headed into town to check out the local music, which was a lot of fun! I met some other really nice students I talked to for a bit. There seem to be a lot of international students around.
Today I did a tour from Galway to the Cliffs of
I got back into Dublin tonight around 10:00 and I'm heading off to bed here fairly soon. This morning at 12:00 am we had daylight savings, so I am now 8 hours ahead of Washington.

2 comments:
I loved your pictures Lauren! I'm glad you're meeting other students along the way. Have a fun last week of teaching. Love Mom
Rarny Rarn, is it really 8 hours? I think that's half the time difference with Japan... I hope you are having fun and eating corned beef and cabbage.
Post a Comment