Hello from Ireland!I arrived this morning around 6:00 am Ireland time. (I'm seven hours ahead- there is no daylight savings here.)
My host family has been incredible! Marie lives with her youngest daughter (who is around my age) in a very charming home. As soon as I stepped foot inside, I was greeted with a big breakfast of delicious thick-sliced toast, coffee, orange juice, and three kinds of breakfast meat. Marie had my room all set up and has made me feel incredibly at home.
I visited with Marie for a few hours and we took a walk of the neighborhood. There is a large park with walking paths and a rugby field just down the road. Daffodils are in bloom everywhere.
I was picked up at 1:00 by Derrick, the man who is in charge of my placement, and we drove out to see the school. The drive out to the school was amazing. I saw a good deal of the coast and plenty of green rolling hills.
It turns out that I will be student teaching mostly in St. Brigid's- the girls school across the road from St. Anthony's. The students are absolutely adorable. A lot of classrooms were working on St. Patrick's Day projects. I will begin at the school on Wednesday, as schools are closed on Monday and Tuesday in observance of St. Patrick's Day (which is a big religious holiday here).
Tomorrow I am off to tour Dublin!

3 comments:
Sounds like an incredibly good start to your trip! I am so happy for you. Can hardly wait to hear all about Dublin and see some pictures. Will you be participating in the St. Pat's Day festivities in town?? Love Mom
What a charming description of your host family and tour of
Dublin! Reading your blog is a delightful start to my day. Thanks for sharing!
Lauren, this sounds so amazing (3 kinds of breakfast meat)!! Hah! You are so lucky to be there, sounds like your host family is wonderful!
Post a Comment