Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last Week at St. Brigid's

Monday
One minute I am assisting in the Junior Infant room, the next I am asked if I could please go right away and substitute the 1st class again. As soon as I walk in, I am engulfed in a giant classroom hug. The girls in 1st class are wonderful with helping me know the routines of the room. And if I drop a piece of chalk, three girls rush up to pick it up for me. While I was substituting in 1st class we had a fire drill, which was kind of exciting. The girls showed me where the role call book was and lined up extremely quickly and quietly. We were the first class outside! Apparently the regular teacher warned the girls to be good for me during the drill.

The Play Field

Tuesday
We had a really fun assembly in school today! We all got to see an interactive string quartet touring from the UK. The mission of the group is showing students that classical music can be fun. The quartet danced and stomped around as they lively played pieces of Mozart and Bach. They had the girls clapping and singing along. It was really fun to watch the faces of students when the group would all of a sudden lunge forward during an exciting part of a piece of music.

My cooperating teacher in Junior Infants has graciously told me that I am free to do any lessons and activities with the girls this week. Because we are coming close to Easter break, I have four Easter-themed activities/lessons planned. We did Easter sponge paint pictures today (I cut sponges out yesterday), cotton ball sheep art tomorrow, an Easter song Thursday, and an Easter egg hunt on Friday. It's going to be a great last week for me at St. Brigid's!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Sounds like loads of fun and activity there at the school. I'm sure you're fitting in very well and that they love you. Are you sad to be leaving or excited about your next adventure with Lauren W.? Love Mom