Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday

As I've mentioned, every Thursday an Irish dance instructor comes to St. Brigid's and teaches each class. Today, the instructor had me participate in traditional dances with two classes and lead the beginning exercises with the Junior Infant class. It was a blast and the kids loved that I was dancing with them (teachers usually just watch). The footwork of the Irish dances is not the easiest...

I went back into 5th class in the afternoon. They are writing letters back to my home classroom, which I know my students will be thrilled about. I also showed the class Everson on Google maps using the interactive white board, which works as a projector when connected to the laptop. We zoomed in on the "street view" of the school, which displays a very clear picture. I even showed them a bit of the road I drive down on the way to school. We talked about the similarities of the surrounding environments of both schools (I will post more photos of outside the school next week). I will visit 5th class again next week to work more on the letters and do another talk.

This weekend I am staying in Galway, which is a city opposite Dublin on the West Coast. I am constantly hearing amazing things about the city and scenery so I am really excited! Tomorrow is a half day, and I will be taking off right after school to begin my journey across the country.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I anticipate that you will be teaching the whole family Irish Step Dancing upon your return! Maybe we could perform for the wedding in Oct....Have fun in Galway! Love Mom

Lauren Schadt said...

Yes, I will teach the family Irish dancing- Dad can provide the music :)