Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday

I had another busy but fun day at school. At this point many students in the school know my name so kids from other classes will see me in the halls or play field and call out my name, which is kind of fun. (There are about 220 students in the school.)

I spent the morning in the library checking in and out books for students in 1st-3rd class. It was neat to see what the different classes are reading. The library is fairly small and there is no formal librarian at the school. The method for checking out books is pretty simple- stamp the date in the book and put a book ticket in a pouch labeled with each child's name. Mom, I've included a picture for you. :)

I was happy to be back with Junior Infants in the afternoon. I did individual readings with students to assess reading levels and monitored/assisted students during independent work time. The girls are quite good readers even at four and five years old. Many students are able to fluently read books with kindergarten-level sight words.

It's been a quiet night at the house, I've just been catching up on my homework. (I have small assignments to complete each day that I turn in at the end of each week to my adviser in London.) I'm now off to bed...

No comments: